03/21 Travel

Maui Travel Guide

Felt like whenever people talked about their trip to Hawaii they’d express how much they want to go back and live there forever because coming back to real life is depressing in comparison.  I get it now, and have been wanting to go back since 5 months ago when we visited for the first time for our honeymoon! Read More

03/13 DIY

How to Make a Basic Ikebana Floral Arrangement

I was reminded while planning our upcoming trip to Japan of how I’ve really been wanting to try my hand at ikebana (came across classes to take and didn’t want to wait, so here I am!)  Ikebana is the Japanese art of floral arranging.  From what I’ve gathered in my short amount of practice, it’s about creating balance and flow, staying both true to nature while helping unfold its sculptural beauty, essentially building an ideal version of nature.

Its visual simplicity is a little deceiving!  At first it’s enticing to think that we’re making the most out of fewer flowers to create an interesting arrangement, like this can save the day if we need to make a centerpiece with very few flowers, but because there are fewer stems it begs extra consideration for every detail, the shape and form of every flower and leaf, of every bend in each stem, because each characteristic is showcased and seen.   Read More

03/09 Shop

15 Modern Minimal Table Lamps

Lately with my search for modern lighting options, I’m reminded of how it’s a hugely important detail that is often what makes a space feel finished.  While it clearly serves a function we need daily, it’s also that decorative detail that can style a space all on its own- well worth the time and careful consideration for what we choose.  Keeping to our much loved modern minimal style, I’ve partnered with Lumens to round up my favorite table lamps from their Design Event sale going on right now (these are all currently on sale!)  Sculptural in their simplicity and sized to move from corner to corner or room to room, see if any of these table lamps might be that finishing touch for your space. Read More

03/02 Friday Links

Friday Links

We’ve slowly started back up on our house hunt and are still stuck at where we last left off, the biggest and most important part so really we haven’t gotten far at all: figuring out where exactly we want to be.  Location seems impossible to decide on when what you want doesn’t coincide with what you can afford (is this life or what!), especially in a city like LA, but we’re taking our baby steps now knowing it’s a very long road ahead that we’ll need a lot of patience for.  Planning on checking out a potential neighborhood, which I’m most looking forward to this weekend, and finallyyyyy getting our wedding thank you cards done hopefully please. Read More

02/27 Shop

15 Favorite Modern Sconces

I’ve been putting off forever trying to complete the reading nook in our living room, the missing pieces being the right plant, maybe a piece of framed art, and most importantly lighting.  I was on an endless on-again-off-again hunt for the perfect floor lamp, but after realizing that the lamp having a small footprint is a high priority, I pivoted and decided that a sconce might be better for the corner for both space and style.  Through my scouring of the internet for the perfect one, I’ve come across many that I love and compiled this list of favorites for you to check out (and share with me which ones you like, if you’d like!)  I’m almost 85% sure about the one I’m going to go with, the other 15% of me thinking a floor lamp is still a good idea, and once that’s figured out along with the other final details, I’ll for sure share the space here, hopefully soon!

Read More